The Regional District of Fraser-Fort George will be entering into a new contract for the provision of GIS and IT service to the Bulkley Nechako Regional District. The agreement stretches over two years and is valued at $80,000 per year. The regional district first entered into an agreement with Bulkley Nechako Regional District for IT and GIS services in 2018 and that original agreement is expiring.
Regional District applying for EOC support funding
The regional district will be submitting an application to the UBCM Emergency Operations Centre (EOC) and Training fund. The grant is up to $25,000 and if successful would help purchase new EOC equipment and supplies and improve and enhance local EOC capacity and response.
The Board approved the following requests for Community and Recreation Grants:
- $1500 to the Nukko Lake Recreation Commission for bingo equipment
- $8,000 to the Pilot Mountain Recreation Commission for insurance, programs, events and hall maintenance
- $1,530 to the Reid Lake Farmers Institute for insurance
- $9,100 to the Miworth Community Association for insurance and utilities and Halloween fire works
- $15,000 to the Tabor Lake Cleanup Society for the purchase of a weed harvester
- $30,000 to the Hixon Volunteer Fire Department Society for fire apparatus upgrades and purchase of equipment and safety gear
- $4,000 to the Longworth Recreation Commission for insurance, utilities, propane, programs and events
- $15,000 to the Mackenzie Fire Fighter Association for road and ice rescue tools
- $2,000 to the Dunster Community Association for insurance and bear proof garbage container
- $1,502 to the McBride Farmers Institute for insurance
- $25,000 to the Northwest Invasive Plant Council