The dynamic folk duo Heartwood, from Vancouver Island, are celebrating the release of a new album touring BC and Yukon in mid March.
Singer-songwriters Jack Connolly and Genevieve Charbonneau each had successful solo careers, came together after meeting through Facebook. They sang together once and that was the beginning of Heartwood.
While each are outstanding performers in their own right, when their songwriting talents, charisma and musical chops are combined, the result is roots and folk magic. Soulful harmonies and the interplay of skillful guitar enrich original songs that are clever, intimate and highly accessible. The album “Live at Blue Grouse Winery” is the duo’s first recording together, recorded with a band last summer.
- March 7- Ashcroft, UniTea Café and Lounge, 100-210 Railway Ave. 7:30pm
- March 9 – Quesnel, The Occidental, 7pm
- March 10- Smithers- Bulkley Valley Brewery 7:30-9:30pm
- March 12– Whitehorse, Yukon. The Woodcutter’s Blanket, 8pm
- March 13- Dawson City, Yukon. The Pit- Westminster Hotel. 6pm
- March 14- Dawson City, Yukon. The Pit- Westminster Hotel. 6pm
- March 16- Ft Nelson, BC. Northern Lights Festival
- March 18- Ft Nelson, BC. Northern Lights Festival
- March 20- Ft. Nelson, BC. Northern Lights Festival
- March 21- Rolla, BC- Rolla Pub, 9pm
- March 22– Prince George, BC. Omineca Arts Centre, 7pm