Since July 1, the Prince George RCMP detachment has received seven reports of stolen Ford trucks and vans.
These thefts have occurred at all hours of the day and are mostly from parking lots all over the community. From the BCR Industrial site, to a local pulp mill, to box retail stores and hotels, Ford trucks are being targeted.
- On Tuesday July 2 at approximately 8:30 p.m., a 2002 Ford E-250 van was reported stolen from Great Street in the BCR Industrial site. The unoccupied van was recovered on Quince Street on July 7. A generator and bike were located in the van, however neither have been reported stolen. Investigation continuing.
- On Saturday July 6 at approximately 1:30 p.m., a 2003 Ford F-350 pickup was reported stolen from Great Street in the BCR Industrial site. A Honda 6500 generator was in the back of the truck at the time of the theft. The unoccupied vehicle was recovered on Upland Street in Prince George on July 7. The investigation is continuing.
- On Sunday July 7 at approximately 1:30 p.m., a 1999 Ford F-450 pickup was reported stolen from the parking lot of a pulp mill on Landooz Road. The vehicle was recovered in Dome Creek (McBride Detachment area) on July 9 as part of an ongoing property crime investigation where three people were arrested.
- During the early morning of Monday July 8, a 2006 white Ford F-350 pickup with BC licence plates JT3436 was reported stolen from a parking lot on Recplace Drive. This vehicle has not yet been recovered.
- On the evening of Monday July 8, a 2015 white Ford F-350 pickup was reported stolen from a parking lot on George Paul Lane. This truck was also recovered in Dome Creek (McBride Detachment area) on July 9 as part of an ongoing property crime investigation where three people were arrested.
- On Saturday July 13 at approximately 10 a.m., a 2000 burgundy Ford F-350 dually pickup with BC licence plate HR7739 was stolen from a parking lot on Range Road. This truck has yet to be recovered.
- Also on Saturday July 13, police received a report of a stolen 2011 Grey Ford F-250 pickup with BC licence plate LE2360. The truck had been stolen from a residence on the 28000 block of the John Hart Highway in Prince George on the late morning of Friday July 12. The truck had a snow plow attachment on the front. This truck has yet to be recovered.
Police encourage the public to report suspicious persons, vehicles and activities when they see it. Checking into suspicious incidents is part of our duties and not a waste of our time. Please call police right away.
The Prince George RCMP want to remind all vehicle owners to lock your doors and utilize an anti-theft device, such as an immobilizer. No one is immune to being a victim. Contact the Prince George RCMP’s Community Policing Section for advice on preventing auto theft. They can be reached at 250-561-3366.
As part of its strategic initiatives, the Prince George RCMP target priority & prolific offenders, as well as other persons believed to be involved in property crime. Investigators are continually looking for information from the public about property related crimes and those that are responsible. Providing information to the police, either directly or through the Prince George Crime Stopper program, will help these investigators locate, arrest and prosecute those persons responsible for these crimes.
If you have any information about the theft of vehicles in the Prince George area, please contact the Prince George RCMP at (250)561-3300 or anonymously contact Crime Stoppers at 1(800)222-8477 or online at www.pgcrimestoppers.bc.ca (English only). You do not have to reveal your identity to Crime Stoppers. If you provide information that leads to an arrest or recovery of stolen property, you could be eligible for a cash reward.