Attending a couple of conventions, primarily one in Quebec City, resulted in Prince George city councillors being reimbursed $31,248 in expenses in the second quarter.
Four members of attended the North Central Local Government Association meeting May 7-10 in Williams Lake. Expenses claimed were:
- Mayor Lyn Hall – $907.63
- Coun. Murry Krause – $706.54
- Coun. Cori Ramsay – $1,172.14
- Coun. Susan Scott – $814.95
Ramsay was nominated from the floor for the position of second vice-president, and was duly elected to this role. The next NCLGA Conference and AGM will be hosted in Prince George, in May 2020.
Seven members of council attended the Federation of Canadian Municipalities convention May 29 to June 3 in Quebec City.
Expenses claimed were:
- Mayor Lyn Hall – $3,602.97
- Coun. Frank Everitt – $3,734.79
- Coun. Garth Frizzell – $4,329.21
- Coun. Murry Krause – $3,62.24
- Coun. Terri McConnachie – $3,376.02
- Coun. Cori Ramsay – $3,553.80
- Coun. Kyle Sampson – $3,358.87
In addition to the FCM conference, Frizzell attended the FCM board meeting held in Penticton in March 2019, as part of his role as second vice-president. He was reimbursed $1,715.82 for that meeting.
Mayor Hall also attended the Council of Forest Industries convention in Vancouver in April and was reimbursed $1,314.14 for that meeting.