Following the Canada Day long weekend, contracted and city crews will begin rehabilitating nearly six lane-kilometres of road in six separate paving operations.
Preparatory work, including asphalt milling, has started this week on the following projects:
- Gorse Street from Patricia Boulevard to 20th Avenue (1.480 lane kilometres)
- Fir Street from Patricia Boulevard to 17th Avenue (0.680 lane kilometres)
- Dogwood Street from 15th Avenue to 17th Avenue (0.386 lane kilometres)
- Henderson Street from Moffat Street to Hammond Avenue (0.400 lane kilometres)
- Moffat Street from Fifth Avenue to the end (1.460 lane kilometres)
- Patterson Street from Dezell Drive to 5th Avenue (1.280 lane kilometers)
All of these projects are anticipated to be completed by the end of next week, depending upon the weather.
Earlier this week, work was completed on a sidewalk on the north side of 22nd Avenue next to CNC.
The City of Prince George encourages motorists to plan their routes accordingly, follow construction signage, and to drive cautiously around road crews.