The Regional District of Fraser-Fort George board has approved the 2018 annual reports for the Mackenzie and Foothills Blvd Regional Landfills.
Highlights of year from the Foothills Landfill include
• a total of 115,615 tonnes of material was managed at the Foothills facility;
• 36,720 tonnes of material received at the Landfill were diverted through recycling, onsite use as cover material or compost;
• approximately 72,741 tonnes of waste was buried at the facility from January 1, 2018 to December 31, 2018;
• 6,154 tonnes of yard and garden waste were received in 2018.
Mackenzie highlights include:
• approximately 6,590 tonnes of waste was buried at the facility;
• with the facility being 100 per cent fenced with electrified fence, no wildlife activities reported onsite for 2018;
• approximately 10,070 litres of waste oil was collected and recycled.