Tourism Prince George released its 2020-2024 Strategic Plan in conjunction with Tourism Week last week.
“We are so pleased to release our new five-year plan which will take us through to 2024,” said Erica Hummel, CEO of Tourism Prince George, in a news release. “Tourism in British Columbia continues to grow, representing an $18 billion industry. In Prince George, we have seen a 40 per cent growth in tourism in the community in the last eight years, which is an average of five per cent per year. With that in mind, we have developed the strategy to continue that trajectory into the next five years, with a vision to be B.C.’s year-round ‘Northern Gateway to Adventure’, a vibrant destination known for its diverse wilderness experiences, urban adventures and iconic events.”
Strategic plan highlights include:
Overarching Goals – Tourism Prince George has identified four overarching goals and objectives.
- Increase the Net Promoter Score.
- Increase tourism revenues by 5% annually.
- Increase the overall market readiness of the destination.
- Increase in stakeholder satisfaction.
Key Results Areas:
- Visitor Centre – To provide excellent customer service to visitors, in partnership with stakeholders.
- Destination Development – Facilitate the further development of Prince George as a northern gateway that offers year-round tourism products and experiences that meet and exceed visitor expectations.
- Marketing – Promote a positive image of Prince George through partnerships, engagement and a compelling brand that is particularly relevant to our core and niche target markets.
- Organizational Effectiveness – Increase the capacity and effectiveness of Tourism Prince George in the following areas: governance, engagement, team member capabilities, policies and procedures.
The condensed version of the strategic plan is available at tourismpg.com.