The Regional District of Bulkley-Nechako has issued an evacuation order and evacuation alert due to the wildfire near Fraser Lake.
The Evacuation Order is in effect for the following area:
South of Highway 16 to south of Roys Lake; West and East of Seaspunkut 4 (Lejac).
- In regard to Emergency Support Services (ESS) please contact the Regional District of Bulkley-Nechako at 250-692-3195 or 1-800-320-3339 or Emergency Management BC at 1-800-663-3456.
- Emergency Support Services can provide assistance for food, lodging, clothing, emotional support and family reunification for person under evacuation order. If you require assistance in regard to livestock please contact the Regional District of Bulkley-Nechako (RDBN) at 250-692-3195 or 1-800-320-3339.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO:
- You must leave the area immediately.
- If you need transportation assistance from the area please advise the individual providing this notice or call the Regional District of Bulkley-Nechako at 250-692- 3195 or Emergency Management BC at 1-800-663-3456. Close all windows and doors.
- Shut off all gas and electrical appliances, other than refrigerators and freezers
- Close gates (latch) but do not lock.
- Gather your family: take a neighbour or someone who needs help.
- Take critical items (medicine, purse, wallet, and keys) only if they are immediately available. Take pets in pet kennels or on leash.
YOU MUST LEAVE THE EVACUATION ORDER AREA IMMEDIATELY
The Evacuation Alert is in effect for the area South of Highway 16 to south of Klez Lake and east of Drywilliam Lake. If you require assistance in regard to livestock please contact the Regional District of BulkleyNechako (RDBN) at 1-800-320-3339 or 250-692-3195.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO WHILE THIS ALERT IS IN EFFECT
- Be prepared for an evacuation order by:
- Locating all family members or co-workers and plan to meet outside the evacuation area, should an evacuation be called while separated.
- Gathering essential items such as medications, eyeglasses, valuable papers (i.e. insurance), immediate care needs for dependants and, if you choose, keepsakes (photographs, etc.). Have these items readily available for quick departure.
- Preparing to move any disabled persons and/or children.
- Arranging to transport your household members or co-workers in the event of an evacuation order. If you need transportation, assistance from the area please call (250) 692-3195 or 1- 800-320-3339.
- Arranging accommodation for your family if possible. In the event of an evacuation, a Reception Centre will be opened if required. Monitor your local radio station and the Regional District of Bulkley-Nechako website, www.rdbn.bc.ca, and the Bulkley-Nechako Emergency Information Facebook Page for information on this Evacuation Alert.