There will be more direct flights from Prince George to Victoria this summer.
Pacific Coastal Airlines has announced its new schedule, which takes effect Sunday, June 23, and includes the addition of a second non-stop daily flight between Victoria International Airport (YYJ) and Prince George Airport (YXS).
The two daily non-stop flights will operate morning and afternoon from Sunday-Friday on the 19-seat Beechcraft 1900D, which has more headroom than the Beechcraft 1900C. Addition of the second flight also provides residents and visitors with more schedule options, and a 27 per cent increase in overall seat capacity.
Prince George travellers will benefit from the ability to connect to more of Pacific Coastal Airlines’ destinations through Victoria airport, while Victoria-based business and government passengers may benefit from same-day return travel opportunities to Prince George to attend lunch and afternoon meetings.
Pacific Coastal is the only airline offering non-stop service between the provincial capital of Victoria and the “northern capital” of Prince George, with a flight time of only 100 minutes, and with no connecting stop at Vancouver International Airport.
“We’re pleased to offer a second daily flight between these two airports,” said Pacific Coastal Airline’s V.P. of Commercial Services, Johnathan Richardson. “This new summer schedule underscores our ongoing commitment to these communities, which began with the launch of our Victoria-Prince George service in January, 2015.”
Highlights of the new summer schedule include:
- 2 daily non-stop flights (Sunday-Friday)
- 27% increase in seat capacity
- Morning and afternoon schedule choices
- New connections for Prince George travellers including, Campbell River (YBL), Comox (YQQ), Trail (YZZ), Powell River (YPW), and Tofino (YAZ)
- Same-day return travel to Prince George for Victoria-based business or government employees
- Spacious 19-seat Beechcraft 1900D aircraft