A tentative provincial memorandum of settlement (MOS) has been reached for the faculty common agreement at five post-secondary institutions, paving the way for local collective agreements to be freely negotiated.
The employer bargaining agent, the Post-Secondary Employers’ Association and parties to the BCGEU Faculty Common Agreement have reached a MOS, which forms the foundation for five individual collective agreements to be locally negotiated between:
* Camosun College and BCGEU Local 701
* Coast Mountain College and BCGEU Local 712
* Northern Lights College and BCGEU Local 710
* Okanagan College and BCGEU Local 707
* Selkirk College and BCGEU Local 709
The MOS covers about 1,000 faculty employees including instructors, assistant instructors and technical staff, and is consistent with the 2019 Sustainable Services Negotiating Mandate. Details about the Faculty Common Agreement will remain confidential to the parties as they begin local negotiations over the coming months.