Saturday October 20 is General Local Election Day for the Regional District of Fraser-Fort George. There are four elections taking place.
- In Electoral Area C (Chilako River-Nechako), Lara Beckett and Colin Clyne are standing for election.
- In Electoral Area F (Willow River-Upper Fraser Valley), Kevin Dunphy and Joe Rositano are standing for election.
- In Electoral Area G (Crooked River-Parsnip), James Clefstad and Pat Crook are standing for election.
- In Electoral Area H (Robson Valley-Canoe), Dannielle Alan and Ben Hunter are standing for election.
Warren Wilson, Bill Empey and Art Kaehn have been elected by acclamation for Electoral Areas A, D and E respectively.
To be eligible to vote, electors must meet the following requirements:
- 18 years of age or older;
- Canadian citizen;
- Resident of British Columbia for at least six months prior to voting;
- Resident of, or registered owner of property within the voting jurisdiction for at least 30 days prior to voting; and
- Not disqualified by law or the Local Government Act in any way for voting
Voters will be required to produce two pieces of identification at time of voter registration. There is no need to pre-register to vote.
A voting location will be set up at the Regional District of Fraser-Fort George office at 155 George Street from 8 am to 8 pm on Saturday October 20. Additional voting locations for October 20 will be as follows:
- Electoral Area C – Miworth Community Hall, Beaverly Elementary School and the West Lake Community Hall
- Electoral Area F – Ferndale Community Hall, Shell-Glen Fire Hall, Sinclair Mills Community Hall and the Willow River Fire Hall
- Electoral Area G – Bear Lake Local Community Commission Office, McLeod Lake Community Hall, Summit Lake Community Hall and the District of Mackenzie Office
- Electoral Area H – Dunster Community Hall, Robson Valley Community Centre (McBride) and the Valemount Community Hall
For information about Advance Voting Opportunities, Special Voting Opportunities and Mail Ballot Voting, please see the Notice of Election in local newspapers and posted to the Regional District website at www.rdffg.bc.ca or contact Karla Jensen, Chief Election Officer at 250-960-4400.