The Omineca Arts Centre Society invites everyone to the upcoming grand re-opening of its multimedia arts and performance space on Saturday, September 8. They have moved from the old Third Avenue location to a bigger and better space at 369 Victoria Street.
The new home is located right in the heart of downtown foot traffic where the centre can bring together various sectors of the arts in Prince George. This all-day event celebrate slocal art in northern B.C.
The event is open to everyone and features the opening of an art exhibition celebrating northern B.C. contemporary art, a hands-on collaborative community art project, poetry readings and an open mic followed by an evening concert with Roman Kozlowski, Joshua and Michael Hanson, and the long-awaited return to the stage of Phos, Prince George’s very own original doom and gloom band.
- Schedule, Saturday September 8:
- FREE Day Events noon -7 p.m:
- Noon -1 p.m. Opening Reception with welcoming song from Khast’an Drummers
- 1 -3 p.m. Art Activities
- 3-5 p.m. Literary Readings
- 5-7 p.m. Open Mic
- Evening Show @ 7:30pm till we quit $10-20+Featuring:
- Roman Kozlowski solo from the Steel Wheels Blues Band
- Joshua and Michael Hanson from Redwhynhttps://youtu.be/qSfDkq2M1H4
- And the long-awaited return to the stage Phoshttps://1phos.bandcamp.com/album/matriarch