The Expanded Evacuation Order is in effect for:
West of Tahtsa FSR (south Francois) to 400 metres east of Nithi Road, Nithi Pit Road and a portion of Holy Cross Binta FSR. Francois Lake south to Ootsa Lake and Cheslatta Lake (as shown on the attached map).
West of Morice Own FSR (north Francois) to Kivi FSR (as shown on the attached map).
The recommended evacuation routes (see attached map) will remain open until safe travel is compromised. We encourage immediate evacuation.
The Francois Lake Forester Ferry will remain operating extended hours until safe travel is compromised as required to support the needs of the Evacuation Order.
- Due to limited availability for local accommodations, if you require lodging travel to Prince George. Please register at the ESS reception centre at the Back Entrance of the CN Centre in Prince George located at 100-2187 Ospika Blvd. between 8 am – 6 pm. After hours, please refer to the sign on the door of the reception centre for available accommodations and further instruction.
- If you have accommodations with friends and family register at the ESS reception centre at the Burns Lake College of New Caledonia located at 545 Hwy 16 W, 9 am – 4 pm. August 14, 2018 hours will be extended to 10 pm.
- After hours in regard to Emergency Social Services (ESS) please contact the Regional District of Bulkley-Nechako at 250-692-3195 or 1-800-320-3339 or Emergency Management BC at 1-800-663-3456.
- Emergency Social Services can provide assistance for food, lodging, clothing, emotional support and family reunification.
If you are a farm business and require assistance in regard to livestock please contact the Regional District of Bulkley-Nechako (RDBN) at 250-692-3195 or 1-800-320-3339.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO:
- You must leave the area immediately.
- If you need transportation assistance from the area please advise the individual providing this notice or call the Regional District of Bulkley-Nechako at 250-692-3195 or Emergency Management BC at 1-800-663-3456.
- Close all windows and doors.
- Shut off all gas and electrical appliances, other than refrigerators and freezers
- Close gates (latch) but do not lock.
- Gather your family: take a neighbour or someone who needs help.
- Take critical items (medicine, purse, wallet, and keys) only if they are immediately available. Take pets in pet kennels or on leash.
Read all about it