The Evacuation Order is in effect for:
East of the center of Taltapin Lake to West of the Sutherland FSR and Trout FSR. South of Hannay Lake to North of Tatin Lake.
The order is due to the Shovel Lake fire. Today the Shovel Lake fire saw extremely vigorous surface fire and active crown fire (rank 5) that challenged containment efforts and resulted in significant growth.
The southeast head of the fire expanded towards Justine Lake and is currently approximately three kilometres from the lake. The southern containment line was challenged with a number of excursions; however, they were quickly brought under control with the support of heavy machinery, crews and helicopters. There is a control line being built from the Bomberger road to the Tatin road, and a line is being located from Tatin Lake to the Trout road system. In the north, there is a control line being built between the North Hannay Hookup Road to the Sutherland road system.
- Any questions in regard to Emergency Social Services (ESS) please contact the Regional District of Bulkley-Nechako at 250-692-3195 or Emergency Management BC at 1-800-663-3456.
- Emergency Social Services can provide assistance for food, lodging, clothing, emotional support and family reunification.
If you require assistance in regard to livestock please contact the Regional District of Bulkley-Nechako (RDBN) at 250-692-3195 or 1-800-320-3339.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO:
- You must leave the area immediately.
- If you need transportation assistance from the area please advise the individual providing this notice or call the Regional District of Bulkley-Nechako at 250-692-3195 or Emergency Management BC at 1-800-663-3456.
- Close all windows and doors.
- Shut off all gas and electrical appliances, other than refrigerators and freezers
- Close gates (latch) but do not lock.
- Gather your family: take a neighbour or someone who needs help.
- Take critical items (medicine, purse, wallet, and keys) only if they are immediately available. Take pets in pet kennels or on leash.