The evacuation Order is in effect for:
From the Tatalaska Forest Service Road (FSR) south to Eakin Settlement Road. Keefes Landing Road to the eastern boundary of Lot 897. Including Takysie Pit Road and Takysie Recreation Site.
The Francois Lake Forester Ferry will be operating extended hours as required to support the needs of the evacuation order.
- Register at the Reception Centre in Burns Lake or contact the Emergency Support Services Director at 250-692-9699; or
- Visit the Reception Centre in Burns Lake at the College of New Caledonia at 545 Highway 16, Burns Lake between the hours of 0900 to 1600.
- After hours in regard to Emergency Social Services (ESS) please contact the the Regional District of Bulkley-Nechako at 250-692-3195 or 1-800-320-3339 or Emergency Management BC at 1-800-663-3456.
- Emergency Social Services can provide assistance for food, lodging, clothing, emotional support and family reunification.
If you require assistance in regard to livestock please contact the Regional District of Bulkley-Nechako (RDBN) at 250-692-3195 or 1-800-320-3339.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO:
- You must leave the area immediately.
- If you need transportation assistance from the area please advise the individual providing this notice or call the Regional District of Bulkley-Nechako at 250-692-3195 or Emergency Management BC at 1-800-663-3456.
- Close all windows and doors.
- Shut off all gas and electrical appliances, other than refrigerators and freezers
- Close gates (latch) but do not lock.
- Gather your family: take a neighbour or someone who needs help.
- Take critical items (medicine, purse, wallet, and keys) only if they are immediately available. Take pets in pet kennels or on leash.