The Cariboo Regional District has issued an evacuation order for 93 properties located between the northwestern boundary of CRD to the southern edge of Tsacha Lake. This includes 17 properties in the Shag Creek area evacuation alert issued at 8:30 p.m. on Aug. 7 as well as the additional properties.
The evacuation order covers a large area due to concerns that the Shag Creek wildfire (C11837) will limit access routes in the area. The Shag Creek wildfire (C11837) is currently estimated at 300 hectares in size.
The evacuation route is: (outlined in green on map)
- Some properties may need to take the Alex Mackenzie Heritage Trail to the Kluskus Forest Service Road (FSR) to the Red Road, looping back around to Kluskus FSR and out to Vanderhoof and Prince George via Hwy 16. The Chutanli Lake Wildfire has impacted the Kluskus Forest Service Road, which is why residents need to take the Red Road detour.
Due to immediate danger, members of the RCMP and Search and Rescue will be expediting this action.
Residents should register at Emergency Support Services (ESS) in Prince George at the Civic Centre located at 808 Canada Games Way.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO:
- You must leave the area immediately.
- Close all windows and doors.
- Shut off all gas and electrical appliances, other than refrigerators and freezers.
- Close gates (latch) but do not lock.
- Gather your family: take a neighbour or someone who needs help.
- Take critical items (medicine, purse, wallet, and Keys) only if they are immediately available. Take pets in pet kennels or on leash.
- Do not use more vehicles then you have to.
- Do not use the telephone unless you need emergency service.
YOU MUST LEAVE THE AREA IMMEDIATELY.
Further information will be issued as it becomes available. Please visit the CRD Emergency Operations Facebook page at facebook.com/CRDEmergencyOperations as well as the CRD website at cariboord.ca/emergency. Contact the CRD’s emergency information line at 1-866-759-4977 between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. daily.
Residents are encouraged to register for the Cariboo Chilcotin Emergency Notification System to receive a text, call or email regarding Evacuation Alerts and Orders: member.everbridge.net/index/453003085612292#/signup