An evacuation alert has been issued by the Cariboo Regional District’s Emergency Operations Centre (EOC) for 93 properties in the Haggen’s Point and Hen Ingram Lake areas along the south side of Quesnel Lake. The evacuation alert is being issued due to concerns about access routes being cut off due to wildfires in the area.
An Evacuation Alert has been issued to prepare residents to evacuate their premises or property should it be required. Residents will be given as much notice as possible prior to evacuation but may receive limited notice due to changing conditions.
The Hen Ingram Recreation Site is within the Evacuation Alert. Other tourism destinations in the area may be affected by this evacuation alert. Contact individual tourism providers for details.
Further information will be issued as it becomes available. Please visit the CRD Emergency Operations Facebook page at facebook.com/CRDEmergencyOperations as well as the CRD website at cariboord.ca/emergency. For more information, contact the CRD’s public information line at 1-866-759-4977.
Residents are encouraged to register for the Cariboo Chilcotin Emergency Notification System to receive a text, call or email regarding Evacuation Alerts and Orders: member.everbridge.net/index/453003085612292#/signup
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO WHEN AN ALERT IS IN EFFECT
Upon notification of an ALERT, you should be prepared for an evacuation order by:
- Having a plan to transport all family members or co-workers outside of the area, should the area be brought under evacuation order.
- Keeping essential items readily available for a quick departure; including medications, eyeglasses, valuable papers (i.e. insurance), immediate care needs for dependents and, if you choose, keepsakes (photographs, etc).
- Ensuring that any dependents are prepared for departure.
- Moving pets and livestock to a safe area.
- Ensuring that you have accommodation options for your family, if possible. A Reception Centre will be made available if required.
- Monitoring reliable news sources for information on evacuation orders and locations of Reception Centres and the CRD’s channels on Facebook and cariboord.ca/emergency.