There were 44 building permits issued by the city in May this year, with an estimated value of $15.3 million.
That compares to May 2017 when 44 building permits were issued, with an estimated value of $7.6 million and 2016 when 55 building permits were issued in the month worth an estimated $21.1 million.
This year, from January 1 to May 31, 181 permits worth an estimated $55.1 million were issued, compared to the same period last year when 166 permits worth $34.3 million were issued and 2016 when 163 permits worth $62.8 million were issued.
In May 2018 permits were issued for 17 new single family dwellings ($9,055,192).
Commercial, industrial and institutional development permits included:
- 3055 Massey Drive alterations to the existing building ($750,000);
- 3900 Walls Avenue renovations to permit a seasonal display area ($180,000);
- 1600 Fifth Avenue alterations to the existing building ($444,000);
- 5338 Hartway Drive to construct a new building ($175,000);
- 1077 Terminal Boulevard to construct a new bulk plant ($3,500,000).