Every year, the Inspiring Women Among Us (IWAU) award helps University of Northern British Columbia students who are facing financial obstacles in accessing a university education.
On Saturday, the second edition of Wine, Women and Song is coming to the Prince George Playhouse. The fundraising concert features three powerhouse female vocalists: local musicians Britt A.M. and Amy Blanding, and headliner Andrea Superstein. In addition to the performances, a portion of the concert includes a unique, interactive element as members of the public will be able to participate in a mass choir sing-a-long of the song Quiet by Milck (with permission).
All proceeds from the concert will go towards strengthening the award so it can help more deserving students and inspire more next-generation leaders. To date, seven awards have been granted, and every year, a growing number of applications are received.
About the event
- Tickets are $55 in advance or $65 at the door. Tickets are available online at:https://secure.e2rm.com/registrant/startup.aspx?eventid=237913
- A limited number of discounted tickets are available for UNBC and College of New Caledonia students, for $45.
- Past recipients of the IWAU award will speak at the event and share their stories.
- Tickets include one glass of wine and locally produced chocolate nibbles from Ohh Chocolat Café
- Doors open at 6:30 p.m. on Saturday at the Prince George Playhouse. The show begins at 7 p.m.
Held each fall, IWAU is a two-week long celebration of the many outstanding contributions women make in our society and provides opportunities to discuss ways we can support our female friends, colleagues and family members, as well as marginalized others. It includes dozens of events, guest speakers, panels, workshops, films and more on campus and in the community.