On Sunday, February 11, thousands will gather at Sixth and George Street in front of City Hall to participate in Downtown Prince George’s winter festival.
There will be lots of activities for everyone
Snow & Ice Sculptures: Witness a spectacular showcase of snow and ice carving art that will feature award winning talent from international sculptors Ephemeral Arts. They will work their magic to create a stunning snow sculpture and 101.3 The River Ice Throne.
Ice Slide: Take a slippery slide down the awesome Ice Slide.
There’s Smore Downtown: For those who love that ever-popular tasty campfire treat, the SMORE, the “There’s SMORE Downtown” contest will feature favourite smore recipes from groups, businesses and individuals. All proceeds go towards numerous charitable organization in our community. There is still time to sign up your team for There’s SMORE Downtown. Call the Downtown Prince George Office for more details 250.614.1330.
Legion Winter Market: And…for your shopping pleasure, Downtown PG invites you to wander through the wonderful Legion Winter Market (Legion 43 PG) or our local PG Farmers’ Market. Our fabulous exhibitors and local merchants will be offering a little something for everyone. There is still space in the Legion Winter Market. Call the Downtown Prince George Office for more details 250.614.1330.
Outdoor Food Court: Delight your taste buds with fun and tasty food choices in our unique outdoor winter food court.
Music with DJ Ant (Pure Sound & Entertainment)
And there’s more:
• Community Mascots
• Road Hockey (11-1) – Spruce Kings
• Road Hockey (2-4) – Cariboo Cougars
• Marshmallow Sculptures – Two Rivers Gallery
• Bubble Science – The Exploration Place
• Mini Snow Golf – YMCA of Northern BC
• Bookmark & Felt Snowman – Prince George Public Library
• Cottonwood Express Minirail Train – Central BC Railway and Forestry Museum
• Fat Bike Demo – Cycle Logic
• Snow Yoga (11:30/12/12:30) – Sunset Studio
• Snowmobile Display – FPS- Forest Power Sports Ltd