Skip to content

Gas leak forces evacuation of library


A gas leak this morning near the Marriott Hotel construction site has prompted the evacuation of the Prince George Public Library.

The leak occurred just before noon. When Prince George Fire and Rescue crews arrived, there was a smell of natural gas in the area. In addition to evacuating the library, construction on the hotel was halted. The Civic Centre, which is hosting the Festival of Trees, has not been evacuated.

What do you think about this story?