The City of Prince George is seeking approval from the electorate to borrow up $35 million to replace the Four Seasons Pool and up to $15 million to replace Firehall #1.
The referendum vote will be held today, Saturday, October 28. There will be two questions on the ballot … one seeking approval to borrow money for the pool, the other seeking approval to borrow money for the firehall. Polls are open from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Prince George residents can vote at the following locations.
- John McInnis Centre
- DP Todd Secondary School
- Kelly Road Secondary School
- Edgewood Elementary School
- Malaspina Elementary School
- Ron Brent Elementary School
- Vanway Elementary School
- Blackburn Elementary School
Electors will be required to make a declaration that they meet the following requirements:
- 18 years of age or older on general voting day for the election or assent voting; and
- a Canadian citizen; and
- a Resident of British Columbia for at least six (6) months immediately before the day of registration; and
- a Resident of the City of Prince George for at least thirty (30) days immediately before the day of registration; and
- Not disqualified under the Local Government Act or any other enactment from voting in the assent voting or otherwise disqualified by law.
Resident electors must produce two (2) pieces of identification (at least one with a signature). Picture identification is not necessary. The identification must prove both residency and identity.