The evacuation order includes properties around Charlotte Lake. The order is being made because of the threat of wildfires.
Due to immediate danger to life safety due to fire, members of the RCMP or other groups will be expediting this action.
The evacuation route is: East on Highway 20 towards Williams Lake; or West on Highway 20 towards Bella Coola (please note that there will be no group lodging available in Bella Coola)
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO:
- You must leave the area immediately
- If you are leaving East on Highway 20, and have accommodations arranged, register at ESS in Williams Lake at Boitanio Mall between 8:00 am and 4:00 pm. If you require group lodging, register at the ESS Reception Centre in Prince George at the Civic Centre at 808 Canada Games WayIf you are leaving West on Highway 20, and have accommodations arranged, register at the ESS Reception in Bella Coola at the Bella Coola Valley Inn at 441 Mackenzie Street between 8:00 am and 4:00 pm – please note that there will be no group lodging available in Bella Coola.
- Close all windows and doors
- Shut off all gas and electrical appliances, other than refrigerators and freezers
- Close gates (latch) but do not lock
- Gather your family: take a neighbour or someone who needs help
- Take critical items (medicine, purse, wallet, and Keys) only if they are immediately available. Take pets in pet kennels or on leash.
- Do not use more vehicles than you have to.
- Do not use the telephone unless you need emergency service.
YOU MUST LEAVE THE AREA IMMEDIATELY
For more information contact: 1-866-759-4977
GET THE PRINCE GEORGE DAILY NEWS DELIVERED