As a business owner, you need to have your head in the game to stay competitive. Having an “entrepreneurial mindset” can help you make good decisions, be confident in your abilities and plan for change.
The Women’s Enterprise Centre (WEC) and Northern Development Initiative Trust (NDIT) have partnered to help business owners in the north assess and improve their entrepreneurial mindset to realize their business potential.
Through this partnership, 100 Entrepreneurial Mindset Grants will be provided to Northern entrepreneurs – women and men – so they can develop the thought and behavior that drives business growth.
The Mindset Grant offsets the cost for 100 individuals to participate in a comprehensive entrepreneurial mindset development program, delivered by WEC. Mindset Grants are limited to 25 per Northern Development region (Cariboo-Chilcotin Lillooet region, Prince George region, Northeast Region, Northwest region).
To receive the grant, you must be:
- An entrepreneur or business owner
- Operating a business in the North
First come first served – apply today!
Organizations that identify as “entrepreneurial” have been shown to succeed at a much faster pace in the market with significantly increased capital investment, higher profit margins and greater productivity. This comprehensive program helps business owners develop the mindset to drive business growth and the economic health of northern B.C.
- The Entrepreneurial Mindset Profile™ (EMP) is an exceptional resource that provides clear insight into entrepreneurial strengths and specific opportunities for development. The EMP compares an individual on 14 scales to two norm groups: entrepreneurs and corporate managers. Having this baseline understanding helps to focus on developing innovation, creativity and growth leadership. The assessment takes about 20 minutes – complete yours by July 17 and be automatically entered to win a $100 Visa gift card.
- Develop Your Entrepreneurial Mindset” regional workshop
Facilitated by the only Certified EMP™ Practitioners in Western Canada, workshops will be offered throughout Northern BC in fall 2017. Gain a deeper understanding of the assessment tool, insight into your own profile and tips to create an action plan to apply your results to your business.
- “Preferred Applicant” status for upcoming EMP mentoring program
Women business owners who receive the grant can also access a special rate plus an early application invite for an in-depth mentoring program. The program includes a personal coaching session, webinars and mentoring to develop your seven key skill areas and improve your business performance. Program details and pricing to be confirmed in fall 2017.