Skip to content

Overheated electrical motor cause of McBride mill fire

An overheated electrical motor has been determined as the cause of a fire that destroyed the destroyed BKB Cedar Manufacturing near McBride.

The Office of the Fire Commissioner informed the Regional District of Fraser-Fort George of its findings Monday.

The fire started April 5 and fire crews dealt with hot spots and an adjacent smouldering mulch pile for days.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *