The Regional District of Fraser-Fort George is looking a t the issue of secondary suites and is inviting the public to share its thoughts.
The regional district is considering a possible zoning bylaw amendment that would allow secondary suites on parcels of land 0.8 ha (two acres) or larger, not including seasonal recreation properties. The district is also interested in feedback on whether secondary suites should be allowed on lakeshore parcels.
The amendment applies to properties in the electoral areas of the region only and does not apply to properties within the municipal boundaries of Prince George, McBride, Valemount or Mackenzie.
A secondary suite is defined to be located in a single family residence and cannot exceed 90 square metres (969 sqft) and 40 per cent of the total finished living area of the residence. Examples of a secondary suite are an attached garage with a suite upstairs, or a basement suite located in a single family residence.
There are two ways to provide input.
Attend an Open House
Regional District representatives will be holding Open Houses and are available to discuss the proposal on the following dates:
• September 29, 2015: Pineview Community Hall 7-8:30 p.m.
• September 30, 2015: Beaverly Fire/Rescue Hall 7-8:30 p.m.
• October 6, 2015: East Line Activity Center 7-8:30 p.m
• October 6, 2015: Summit Lake Community Hall, 7-8:30 p.m.
• October 7, 2015: Canoe Valley Recreation Center, Valemount, 7-8:30 p.m.
• October 7, 2015: Ness Lake Community Hall, 7-8:30 p.m.
• October 8, 2015: Robson Valley Recreation Center, 7-8:30 p.m.
• October 13, 2015: Regional District of Fraser-Fort George Board Room, 7-8:30 p.m.
Visit our website www.rdffg.bc.ca and take our confidential survey. Survey is open for your feedback until October 16, 2015.