The Williams Lake RCMP have been cracking down on prolific and known property offenders in the city.
Street checks were conducted and where applicable, curfew checks where completed nightly. The project took place over a three-week period and during this time, approximately 60 contacts where made with known offenders and 29 arrests were made.
The RCMP submitted numerous reports to the BC Prosecution Service for review. As a result, there are two individuals on strict curfew conditions and three of the arrested individuals remain in custody.
Potential charges from the weeks long project include:
- six charges of Possession of Stolen Property
- three charges of Break & Enter
- eight charges of Theft from Vehicle
- two charges of Possession of a Weapon
- one charge of Aggravated Assault
- one charge of Possession of Break & Enter Tools
- six charges of Breach of Conditions
The Williams Lake RCMP will continue to focus on the identified individuals in a continuing effort to reduce the number of thefts, said Insp Jeff Pelley, OIC Williams Lake detachment.
The continued collaborative enforcement strategies of all units effectively enhanced the safety of our community.