Fortis BC is asking British Columbia residents to reduce their natural gas usage due to the pipeline explosion and fire near Shelley Tuesday evening.
There has been an incident with a natural gas transmission pipeline north of Prince George that feeds our system.
As a result of the incident affecting the Enbridge pipeline that feeds our system we are anticipating decreased energy flow and potential loss of service. FortisBC is requesting all of our natural gas customers across the province to turn off their thermostats as well as reduce use of all other natural gas appliances. We appreciate your assistance and patience.
If you smell gas, you need to leave the area and call the FortisBC 24-hour natural gas emergency line at 1-800-663-9911 or 911.
Although FortisBC’s system is not damaged, we are working hard to continue to provide the energy flow to your homes and businesses. We are monitoring the situation and will provide updates.