A 30-year-old man is now facing several charges following a shooting at a Williams Lake residence August 30.
- Williams Lake RCMP have arrested Daine Alphonse and charged him with:
- Possession of weapon for dangerous purpose;
- Unlawfully discharge a firearm;
- Use of a firearm to commit an indictable offence;
- Careless use of a firearm.
“This investigation and the evidence that was obtained is a testament to the plain clothes General Investigation Unit, Forensic Identification Services, Police Services and General Duty Uniform Section who all worked tirelessly to bring this investigation to charge approval,” said Inspector Jeff Pelley, Officer in Charge, Williams Lake RCMP. “This offender being arrested including a recent weapon seizure will continue to enhance community safety and remains a priority of the detachment. The RCMP continue to work with Crown Counsel to ensure violent offenders are held accountable through the court system.”