This area restriction has been put in place to protect public safety due to the wildfire’s rate of spread and to avoid interference with fire control activities. This order will remain in place until noon on Sept. 15, 2018, or until it is rescinded.
Under this order and Section 11(2) of the Wildfire Act, a person must not remain in or enter this restricted area without prior written authorization of an official designated for the purposes of the Wildfire Act, unless the person enters the area only in the course of:
* travelling to or from his or her principal residence that is not under an evacuation order;
* using a highway as defined in the Transportation Act;
* travelling to or from an industrial activity or business location;
* travelling through or entering the area as a person acting in an official capacity; or
* travelling through or entering the area for an approved purpose of supporting wildfire suppression activities.
To report a wildfire or open burning violation, call 1 800 663-5555 toll-free or *5555 on a cellphone.
For the latest information on current wildfire activity, burning restrictions, road closures and air quality advisories, go to: http://www.bcwildfire.ca
You can also follow the latest wildfire news:
* On Twitter: http://twitter.com/BCGovFireInfo
* On Facebook: http://facebook.com/BCForestFireInfo