An evacuation alert has been issued by Cariboo Regional District and the City of Quesnel for the Narcosli Creek area north to West Quesnel, with all city properties on evacuation alert west of the Fraser River. This evacuation alert is due to the Narcosli Creek Fire (Tzenzaicut Lake/Fish Lake – C12302).
The Narcosli Creek fire is 31 kilometres southwest of Quesnel and is estimated at 1,200 hectares.
The BC Wildfire Service has 30 firefighters, two helicopters, and six pieces of heavy equipment working on the fire.
Crews will continue to establish control lines to prevent further growth.
An evacuation alert has also been issued by Cariboo Regional District for 396 properties in the Hawkins Lake and Eagle Creek area. This is due to the Lang Lake wildfire (C42138).
An Evacuation Alert has been issued to prepare you to evacuate your premises or property should it be required.
Residents will be given as much advance notice as possible prior to evacuation; however you may receive limited notice due to changing conditions.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO WHEN AN ALERT IS IN EFFECT
Upon notification of an ALERT, you should be prepared for the evacuation order by:
- Having a plan to transport all family members or co-workers outside of the area, should the area be brought under evacuation order.
- Keeping essential items readily available for a quick departure; including medications, eyeglasses, valuable papers (i.e. insurance), immediate care needs for dependants and, if you choose, keepsakes (photographs, etc).
- Ensuring that any dependents are prepared for departure.
- Moving pets and livestock to a safe area.
- Ensuring that you have accommodation options for your family, if possible. A Reception Centre will be made available if required.
- Monitoring reliable news sources for information on evacuation orders and locations of Reception Centres.
Further information will be issued as it becomes available. The City of Quesnel’s public information line is open during business hours at 250-992-2111. The CRD’s emergency information line is open from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. at 1-866-759-4977.