The City of Prince George is hosting an information session on Wednesday, January 17, for residents and organizations interested in accessing city support for projects aimed at enhancing Prince George for all who live here.
The City offers three granting streams:
- Community Enhancement Grants which encourage community groups, non-profit societies, neighbourhoods, and businesses to take on projects and improve the city through grant matching with the City of Prince George.
- Celebrate Prince George Community Grants weredeveloped by the City in partnership with Tourism Prince George encourage the growth and development of events to foster a celebratory atmosphere that will attract visitors to the community.
- MyPG Community Grants help local organizations develop and implement innovative activities, projects, and events that contribute to improving the community.
Changes to Celebrate PG Grants
There are number of significant changes this year to the Celebrate Prince George grants aimed at increasing the flexibility of the application process and attracting a wider variety of celebratory events and initiatives.
Starting this year, eligibility is opening up to applicants with proposals for initiatives that can occur all year round rather than being limited just to February and July.
Also new this year:
- Multi-year funding (one to three years) is now available
- Two grant categories:
- Emerging tourism events are eligible for up to $5,000 per year
- Signature tourism events are eligible for up to $15,000 per year
- There is now one annual intake to be held on March 15, 2018 for all 2019 events
This event will be held from 10:00am to 11:00am in the Council Chambers at City Hall and is open to the public and anyone who may be interested in learning more about the City’s grant programs.
Please RSVP to:
Civic Events Coordinator
Further information about City Grant Programs can be found on the City website.