That’s up over October 2016 when 35 permits worth $5.1 million were issued and October 2015 when 45 permits were issued valued at $7.7 million.
There were 419 building permits issued to the end of October with an estimated value of $107.4 million. That’s down only slightly from the same period last year when 407 permits with a value of $120.1 million were issued and up substantially from 2015 when 435 permits worth $77.8 million were issued.
Mayor Lyn Hall said last year was a banner year for building permits in the city with $128 million worth of permits issued.
“We may not make $128 million again this year, but we’re certainly headed towards a banner year in 2017.”
Some of the notable building permits issued in October included:
- Nine new single family dwellings building permits, $4,849,260.00
Significant Building Permits:
- 355 Vancouver Street, interior renovations for a community hall, $1,700,000.
- 3167 Massey Drive, commercial building for retail use and a restaurant, $1,800,000.
- 4141 Airport Road, two timber structures that house stairs and elevator for access to terminal from parking lot, $2,227,400.00
- 490 Carney Street, car wash.